Acer V5-121 does not detect battery, doesn't charge ,compatible battery issues Part-1

anandvsalunke

Acer V5-121 does not detect battery, doesn't charge ,compatible battery issues Part-1

Post by anandvsalunke »

Hi,
Acer V5-121 does not detect battery, doesn't charge. Interesting case showing how to deal with compatible battery issues
This case study will try to shed some light on compatible batteries in market which are not detected or charged [hidden]in some of the Acer models. An interesting solution is offered. I request you all to try and update me if this works, given the same trouble.

This Acer V5-121 came in with complaint of battery not detected and not charging.

As a normal suspect, quickly done the replacement of charger IC BQ07A, but no luck, I also do not find any issues with MOSFETs in charger section at all.

The battery charging indication glows for fee minutes and then goes off. The current sense output of BQ07A pin 7 shows maximum 0.1 V, which means charging current is hardly crossing few milliamps. Battery icon shows not detected.

I ordered a new battery and still no change. I searched internet forums and stumbled upon lot of people having same trouble when they upgraded their four cell stock battery to six cell. The battery that came in with this laptop was 6 cell battery and owner told he got this issue, when he upgraded the battery to 6 cell one.
I also read somewhere that Acer released a BIOS update to support such upgrades, hence I downloaded the V2.12 BIOS, extracted the BIOS using HXD and flashed, but no change, this stubborn battery doesn't want to charge.

Read on the second part of the story, which I will update with some photos, and you will find it interesting..Click HERE Part-2[/hidden]
[ Post made via Android ] Image
esmat-fadak
Guru
Guru

Re: Acer V5-121 does not detect battery, doesn't charge ,compatible battery issues Part-1

Post by esmat-fadak »

Good job bayee
Very interesting case

[ Post made via Android ] Image
skbasir

Re: Acer V5-121 does not detect battery, doesn't charge. Interesting case showing how to deal with compatible battery is

Post by skbasir »

when come second part sir
newlifecomputec

Re: Acer V5-121 does not detect battery, doesn't charge. Interesting case showing how to deal with compatible battery is

Post by newlifecomputec »

Sir when is Bahubali part 2 coming.
Curiously waiting.

[ Post made via Samsung Galaxy S4 ] Image
PINTUSINGH
Guru
Guru

Re: Acer V5-121 does not detect battery, doesn't charge ,compatible battery issues Part-1

Post by PINTUSINGH »

VERY INTRESTING
ganeshcell

Post by ganeshcell »

wonderful information Sir.
bghcore

Post by bghcore »

very informative thanks guys

Return to “Laptop Case Studies”